Sue Ross Legal are working with a well-established, highly successful Law firm in Manchester for the recruitment of a Senior Supervisor to join the Clinical Negligence team. Our client is looking for a qualified Solicitor/ FILEX or equivalent practical experience with over 8 years’ experience.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing effective and efficient methods of supervision across the specialisation area(s) for which the job holder is responsible in branch, ensuring delivery of best practice in client care and full implementation of case management standards across the practice area.
- Taking proactive steps to ensure that all cases are conducted in line with our vision and values, and in a manner which upholds our client’s interests and the firm’s reputation.
- Allocating work and cases within the team(s) effectively.
- Communicating with supervisees ensuring problem solving and creative thinking.
- Ensuring effective and efficient use of suppliers on cases, monitoring costs and recovery, ensuring that all use of suppliers is in line with our vision and values.
- Monitoring disbursements spend, including through advance authorisation of disbursements, and taking effective steps to keep all write offs to the lowest level reasonable possible.
- Ensuring full and effective funding is in place for all cases, that all reporting requirements are adhered to, all billing procedures and KPIs are adhered to, and all steps taken to maximise costs recovery for the firm for work done.
- Investigating any complaints which arise in the specialisation area for which the job holder is responsible and drafting an appropriate response for the Unit Manager to refer to.
- Ensuring that all case work is completed in line with KPIs, targets and objectives for the specialisation areas for which the job holder is responsible.
- Investigating any professional negligence which arises in the specialisation area for which the job holder is responsible and drafting a report for the Unit/Branch Manager to refer to.
- Contributing to work and outputs of the Unit Manager to whom the job holder reports, through building effective relationships and supporting the Unit Manager to deliver required Unit performance.
- Working with the National Practice Lead to contribute to the development and delivery of effective methods of case handling to achieve the firm’s strategic objectives in quality, growth and strength.
- Implementing and upholding all the firm’s policies and procedures.
To be considered for this role you must be a qualified solicitor/ FILEX with significant post qualification experience in contentious multi track Clinical Negligence. Case handling including catastrophic injury cases involving birth injuries, child brain injuries, cerebral palsy and significant advocacy and litigation experience in relation to this area of specialism will be particularly advantageous. You will also have experience of successfully mentoring, developing, and supervising a group of individuals within CN/PI litigation, and an established track record of excellent client care.
For more information about the above vacancy or for a confidential chat about our other vacancies throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, the North West and the North East, please send your details to us and one of our dedicated legal consultants will contact you.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.