Sue Ross Legal are working with a well-established, commercial law firm for the recruitment of a Conveyancing Assistant to join their friendly and supportive property team based at their Sheffield office.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with all new clients to gather all required information through the use of the buyers/ sellers information form for file opening purposes;
- Completing conflict checks;
- File opening and production of all correspondence / scope of work to client including ensuring return of signed paperwork from client together with appropriate ID and source of funds documentation;
- Carrying out all types of searches pre-exchange and pre-completion;
- Assisting the fee earner with plot sales and purchases;
- Collection of money on account of pre-exchange searches;
- Preparing contracts, requisitions on title’s and transfers;
- Preparations of COT for signature by HOD;
- Preparation of draft SDLT and return to client for checking and signing;
- Submission of the SDLT and return to HMRC electronically together when arranging SDLT payment within required time limits;
- Ensuring the fee earner is assisted at all stages of the conveyancing file and tasks are undertaken at the correct level
- Dealing with exchanges and completions;
- Administer completions including liaising with clients, estate agents and other party solicitors;
- Liaising with lenders to ensure timely release of funds for completion;
- Preparation of financial statements for authorisation by fee earner;
- Ensuring all disbursements are paid regularly and client accounts are maintained;
- Recording of undertakings;
- Dealing with requests for deeds in accordance with Firm’s protocol;
- Producing client bills at the end of the matter;
- File Closing – Completion of all administration and archiving processes, including risk assessments and retention decisions;
- Downloading title information from land registry for all transactions;
- Preparation of land registry applications as soon as practicable following completion for checking by fee earner;
- Upload electronic applications to Land Registry;
- Checking land registry portal daily for any requisition title and complete registrations;
- Diarising return date for requisitions and uploading replies on receipt to registry portal on instruction from fee earner
- Electronic / paper copies of completed registrations to be maintained;
- All completed registrations to be sent to client and lender and in the latter case uploaded to the appropriate portal
To be considered for this role, you must have conveyancing experience gained within a similar role.
For more information about the above vacancy or for a confidential chat about our other vacancies throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, the North West and the North East, please send your details to us and one of our dedicated legal consultants will contact you.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.